Monday, September 30, 2013

Review Time: Pasta Prima 5 cheese Ravioli

Ok, so here's a quick product review
.
I had been hearing for a while that Pasta Prima was going to be putting out a gluten free variety of their "fresh" ravioli. I had looked and looked but never found. This weekend I finally found them, so I just had to give them a try. I found them in our local Carr's (Safeway) store. Of course I picked them up and just had to give them a try.

They only had the 5 cheese variety, so that's what I went with. 8 oz package has 2 servings, so don't plan on feeding your family with this, but it makes a nice quick lunch or gives you and option for a solo dinner while the rest of your family has their "regular" pasta.

Taste and texture were pretty good. Being a cheese filling, it was a little "bland" by itself, but I added in a nice garlic tomato sauce and that was just yummy. I did have some leakage as at least one of the ravioli broke.

This probably won't be making a regular appearance in our menu around here, but overall I can give it a positive review. Since I had this for lunch, I wasn't able to share this with hubby to get the non-gluten free opinion on this, but I liked it.


** note: I am getting nothing in exchange for this review, just want to get my opinion out about products I've tried and either liked or didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment